*Gehrig / LWW
重量：1.9kg 頁數：760 裝訂：圈圈平裝 開數：27.7 x 21.8 cm 印刷：彩色
Walking dental hygiene students step-by-step through the “how to”—not just the “what” and “why”—of using periodontal and root instruments, this 8th Edition of Jill Gehrig’s definitive resource features new chapters, new online technique videos, updated coverage of the latest evidence-based techniques and equipment, and an expanded array of online teaching and learning resources.
Designed to make it easy for students to learn instrumentation, this practical book first takes students through basic skills—patient positioning, intraoral finger rests, and basic instrumentation—then covers advanced techniques, including assessment of periodontal patients and instrumentation of the root branches of multirooted teeth, root concavities, and furcation areas.
• Stand-alone modules provide step-by-step instructions for each major instrument classification (sickle scalars, universal curets, area-specific curets, etc.), providing instructors with maximum teaching flexibility.
• Module outlines make it easy for students to locate specific information.
• Chapter-opening learning objectives help students recognize and study important concepts.
• A step-by-step format allows students to work independently and at their own pace—fostering autonomy and decision-making skills.
• Key terms help students learn a whole new dental vocabulary as they move through the text.
• Study aids, including boxes, tables, and flow charts, visually reinforce important content and permit quick reference during technique practice and at-home review.
• Case-based patient experiences and critical thinking activities encourage students to apply concepts to clinical situations and help develop problem-solving skills.
• Skill evaluation checklists guide student practice, promote self-assessment skills, and provide benchmarks for faculty evaluation of skill attainment.
• Thirty-two FREE online videos (12 new to this edition) demonstrate instrumentation techniques.